Ivana Trump Dies: 5 Facts About Donald Trump's First Wife
Ivana Marie Trump was a Czech-American businesswoman, media personality, fashion designer, author, and model. Trump was also the first wife of later U.S. president Donald Trump.
Ivana Trump, former US President's first wife, died at the age of 73 at her home in Manhattan on Thursday. Mr. Trump announced her death in a statement on Truth Social, the social media platform he founded.
Here are some interesting facts about Ivana Trump :
1. Ivana Trump was born in Zlin, part of the Czech Republic now, in 1949, according to The Guardian. She became a skier, a ski instructor, and a model. Ivana Trump married Mr. Trump, then a real estate magnet, in 1977
2. She was the mother of Donald Trump's three children. Their first child, Donald Jr, was born in 1977. Ivanka was born in 1981 and Eric followed in 1984.
image source ABC news
3. Throughout the 1980s, the Trumps were one of New York's highest-profile couples, their extravagant lifestyle exemplifying the flashy excesses of the decade.
4. Ivana Trump helped build his real estate empire, and even took several key roles in the business. She was the vice president of interior design for his company, the Trump Organization, and managed one of his most prized properties, the Plaza Hotel, according to The New York Times.
5. Donald Trump and Ivana split, reportedly due to his affair with actress Marla Maples. The agreement was settled in 1992. In 1993, Mr. Trump married Ms. Maples, the mother of his daughter Tiffany. They divorced in 1999.
image source people