This time a very auspicious coincidence is being made in Chhath festival, know the worship method and rules of Nahay Khay
The fast of Chhath, which is kept for the birth of children and a meaningful future, long life, is starting this year with a very auspicious coincidence. For four days in Chhath Puja, special care has to be taken of purity in every tradition....
Chhath Puja 2022, Nahay Khay Puja: After Diwali, Chhath Puja is performed on the sixth day of Shukla Paksha of Kartik month. The four-day Chhath Mahaparv is starting from 28 October 2022 i.e. today. It expires on 31 October 2022. The tradition of taking a bath on the first day is followed. This festival is celebrated with great pomp in Bihar, UP, Jharkhand, Bengal, Nepal.
The fast of Chhath, which is kept for the birth of children and a meaningful future, long life, is starting this year with a very auspicious coincidence. For four days in Chhath Puja, special care has to be taken of purity in every tradition. Let us know the Muhurta, worship method and the rules of bathing on the first day.
Nahay Khay 2022 Muhurta
- Sunrise - 06:30 AM (28 October 2022)
- Sunset - 05:39 PM (28 October 2022)
- Brahma Muhurta - 04:52 AM - 05:43 AM
- Abhijeet Muhurta - 11:48 AM - 12:33 PM
- Twilight Muhurta - 05:47 PM - 06:13 PM
Nahay Khay 2022 Shubh Yog
- Sarvartha Siddhi Yoga - 06.34 AM - 10.42 AM
- Shobhan Yoga - 28 October 2022, AM 04.33 - 29 October 2022, AM 01.30
- Ravi Yoga - 28 October 2022 at 10.42 am - 29 October 2022 at 06.34 am
- Take special care of the purity of body and mind on the day of bathing in Chhath Puja. Nahay Khaye means taking a bath after having a meal.
- Clean the whole house thoroughly on this day. Then, before sunrise, take a bath by adding Gangajal to the holy river or bathing water at home. Cook food only by wearing clean clothes or new clothes.
- There is also a tradition of making gourd vegetable and gram dal in the food on the day of bath. Rock salt is used in this food.
- It is believed that women or men who observe fast on this day eat food first and then other members of the household.
Nahay Khay rules
- The person observing the fast on the day of Nahay Khay should clean the whole house thoroughly, because purity has special importance in this festival. Along with this, there is also a law for the devotees to take a bath in the holy river or pond.
- Give up tamasic food during the four-day festival. Only sattvik food is served. Follow celibacy. One should sleep on the ground for four days in the fast.
- People observing fast on this day eat only once. The salt-rich food of the first day is prepared with cleanliness and purity. Take care not to use mixed ingredients while cooking.
- Offer the offerings of worship on an earthen stove only because clay stoves are considered clean and pure.